The St. Vincent and the Grenadines Community College (SVGCC) has outlined its protocols for its upcoming Friday 18th September 2020 graduation ceremonies at its Villa campus. The College will have two separate ceremonies, something not uncommon among higher-level academic institutions. The first ceremony will begin at 9:00am for graduands of the Division of Nursing Education (DNE) and the Division of Technical and Vocational Education (DTVE). This will be followed by a 2:00pm ceremony for graduands of the Division of Teacher Education (DTE) and the Division of Arts, Sciences and General Studies (DASGS).
The SVGCC graduation protocols are as follows:
- Guest invitations will be issued with a number. This number corresponds with the seat number guests will occupy in the Lecture Theatre during the ceremonies;
- Invitation and a photo ID must be presented by guest at security check point;
- Graduands must arrive in full academic regalia and present SVGCC-issued ID at check point;
- Temperature checks will be administered before admittance to venue;
- If driving into the campus, vehicles will be subjected to inspection before allowed on campus;
- Graduates and their guests are expected to exit the venue immediately after collection of certificate and photo booth appearance together.
These protocols are for the protection of all given the limited capacity of the venue and the College is seeking the public’s assistance in adhering to the above guidelines.
The ceremonies will also be broadcasted via live stream.
The SVGCC takes this opportunity to extend congratulations to the Class of 2020.