Job Opportunities - Lecturers/Instructors
The St. Vincent and the Grenadines Community College (SVGCC) is seeking to recruit qualified and innovative educators to deliver instruction in various subject areas for the 2023-2024 academic year. The specific fields of interest are:
DIVISION OF ARTS, SCIENCES AND GENERAL STUDIES (VILLA CAMPUS)
- Law (Full time)
- Physics (Full time)
- Computer Science (Part time)
- Business Law (Part time)
DIVISION OF TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION (ARNOS VALE or DIAMOND CAMPUS)
- Human Relations (Full time)
- Communication Studies (Full time - Requires a background in Language or Linguistic Studies)
- Information Technology (Full time and Part time)
- Electrical Engineering (Full time)
- Mathematics (Full time and Part time)
Recruited persons will be responsible for the delivery of teaching and learning in their field and to contribute towards the planning and effective running of the curriculum and the respective department.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver high standards of teaching and learning to students in accordance with requirements and standards provided by the department and the relevant course syllabus;
- Monitor and assess learners based on industry standards, and in accordance with course and examination requirements;
- Support the coordination, planning and delivery of pastoral and tutorial provision for students;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Lecturers should have:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in the field being applied for;
- At least two years of relevant experience of working or lecturing in that field.
Instructors should have:
- At least an Associate’s degree in the field being applied for;
- At least four years of relevant experience of working or lecturing in that field.
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
- We would love to have you on board if you:
- Are passionate, enthusiastic, creative, and committed to excellence;
- Can work independently while being committed to achieving team and organisational goals;
- You are teachable and have a high regard for integrity and accountability;
- You pursue lifelong-learning and encourage others to do so.
- Visit our website https://www.svgcc.vc/ for details on the specific fields;
- Gather the following documents as part of your application:
- Cover Letter
- A recent Curriculum Vitae
- Academic Transcripts
- Copies of academic certificates
CLOSING DATE for receipt of applications is Sunday June 4th, 2023.