Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of Dean – Division of Teacher Education of the Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Community College.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants should have:
- At least a Master's degree in Educational Leadership, or any other relevant field;
- At least five years’ experience as a Senior Lecturer at an institution of post-secondary education, or higher.
- A proven record of academic and administrative management with progressive levels of responsibility;
- The ability to promote leadership and vision, and effectively lead collaborative change;
- A demonstrated commitment to student-centered learning, maintaining high academic standards and to promoting an innovative educational environment.
- Strong experience administrative tasks such as budgeting, reporting, planning and development
Duties and Responsibilities
The Dean – Division of Teacher Education at the SVGCC will be mainly responsible for:
- Setting departmental goals and objectives and supervising their attainment
- Strengthening and managing the academic offerings of the Division
- Preparing the Division’s annual budget; manage and monitor the annual budgetary allocation
- Staff recruitment, onboarding, training and development
- Managing staff relations, performance and productivity within the Division
- Monitoring students to ensure satisfaction of graduation requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams in the physical and virtual environments
- Good problem-solving skills
Applicants are advised to request that referees send letters of reference under CONFIDENTIAL cover directly to the HR Manager without waiting to be contacted by the College.
CLOSING DATE for receipt of applications is Thursday June 10, 2021.
The application period for admission into the Division of Teacher Education (DTE) for the 2021-2022 academic year has been extended. The admissions portal (https://admissions.svgcc.vc) will remain open until Monday 31st May, 2021.
Please note the following changes to application fee payment and document submission:
- After completing the online application, kindly pay the application fee at your nearest BoSVG branch to the account number 300156.
- The email's subject line should display the applicant's full name followed by "DTE documents". For example "Mary Joe - DTE documents".
- Shortlisted applicants will be expected to produce physical documents upon request.
The deadline for the submission of supporting documents is Monday 7th June, 2021.
The application period for full-time admission into the Division of Teacher Education (DTE) for the 2021-2022 academic year is open. Persons desirous of submitting an application must do so using the SVGCC's online application system https://admissions.svgcc.vc.
The Division is offering the following programmes this application period:
- Associate Degree in Education (ADE)
- Primary Teacher Education (online)
- Early Childhood Education (blended)
- Certificate Early Childhood Care and Development (online)
Interested applicants are strongly advised to carefully read:
- ALL programme and specialisation entry requirements before proceeding with the application
- ALL instructions provided on the application site before proceeding with the application
- ALL instructions provided during the completion of the application and after its submission
Applicants are required to pay an application fee of $20 and submit several pieces of documentation after submitting their online application. These steps are part of the application process and must be completed so that the application can be processed. Kindly read ALL instructions provided regarding the submission of the supporting documents and note that ALL required documents MUST be submitted at the same time along with the payment of the application fee. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
The application fee must first be paid at the Bursary and then the documents submitted at the Registry.
Collection of these documents and payment of the application fee will only take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays of each week beginning 24th March 2021 until 13th May 2021 from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
The application system closes on Friday 30th April 2021 at 11:59 p.m. All online applications must be submitted by this deadline.
The St. Vincent and the Grenadines Community (SVGCC) has embarked on a month-long wellness initiative. The initiative, dubbed “Wellness Is Wealth”, encourages Vincentians to be mindful of their physical, emotional and mental state by actively seeking wellness enrichment experiences. As part of its “Wellness Is Wealth” initiative we will host a series of free Zoom fitness sessions on March 6th, 13th, 20th, and 27th, 2021. Director of the SVGCC, Nigel Scott, in commenting on the initiative, stated that it was a very timely venture given the global confinement of people’s movement and activities as a result of the pandemic.
Communications and Marketing Manager of the SVGCC, B. Tedra Kirby, also commented “We wanted to explore ways we can truly engage our community that extends beyond the walls of the college. We sought a positive platform that allowed for the safe sharing of a common space with our students, staff, their families and friends, as well as the public. We know the negative effects of the current pandemic, so one of the many ways we’ve chosen to counter is by encouraging an attitude of wellness through these Zoom sessions, as well as the other aspect of the initiative which entails wellness support offered by our Counseling Department”.
The SVGCC takes this opportunity to acknowledge Islandwide Fitness Bootcamp, Be Fit Movement, Wild Thing Wellness and DS Fitness Club for their willingness to partner with us on this wellness initiative.
Alexa DeRiggs, certified yoga instructor and owner of Wild Thing Wellness, with over 300 yoga training hours, expressed that yoga is not just flexibility and strength within the body, but also within the mind. She will lead the Zoom session on March 27th, 2021.
The Zoom sessions are: March 6th - aerobics with Lindon James (Be Fit Movement), March 13th - cardio-kickboxing with Keyon Constance (Islandwide Fitness Bootcamp), March 20th - aerobics with Dilonie Sam (DS Fitness Club) and March 27th yoga with Alexa DeRiggs (Wild Thing Wellness).
To participate in our “Wellness Is Wealth” initiative visit www.zoom.us and enter the meeting ID 828 0495 3828. Follow the SVGCC’s official Facebook account for wellness updates throughout March.
The St. Vincent and the Grenadines Community (SVGCC) is once again offering Vincentians an opportunity to learn basic Mandarin.
The college is currently accepting applications for its 2021 Mandarin cohort. This year’s course will be delivered using a blended-learning approach, with virtual classes set to begin February 23rd 2021.
Those interested should:
- Download the part-time application form from www.svgcc.vc
- Pay the $100 EC programme fee at your nearest Bank of St. Vincent & the Grenadines branch to account number 300156, account name SVG Community College, with the reference: Mandarin Course 2021
The deadline for applications is Monday 8th February 2021 at 4pm.
The short course will run until June 3rd 2021, and will require applicants to dedicate two evenings per week, Tuesdays and Thursday, from 5pm to 7pm.