Our students are once again benefiting from the philanthropic efforts of the Mustique Charitable Foundation (MCF), this time to the tune of $140,000 XCD. Thirty-two (32) full-time students from the Division of Teacher Education (DTE) are the latest recipients of the MCF’s generosity. The funds provided will assist awardees with transportation, meals, programme fees and practice teaching expenses. During the handing over ceremony Natalia Gill, Project Director of the Mustique Charitable Foundation, reminded the student-teachers of the magnitude of their role as educators, urging them “not take their role as lightly” given their integral role in developing and educating upcoming generations of Vincentian youth. Dean of the SVGCC’s DTE, Marise Butler, implored awardees to use the funds as they are intended and also used her inaugural address as Dean to thank the Mustique Charitable Foundation for its continued support to the Division of Teacher Education. Over the years the MCF has also contributed financially to students of our Division of Technical & Vocational Education.
The St. Vincent and the Grenadines Community College's Division of Technical & Vocational Education (DTVE) will be offering several enrichment short courses beginning Monday 21st February 2022.
See the information sheet and the flyers below for more information.
The application period for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing is now open. This four (4) year, Pre RN Bachelors programme is offered at the SVGCC on franchise from the UWI Mona Campus. Interested applicants must apply through UWI Mona's application portal.
Click here for more information, including the application procedure, entry requirements and required documents for submission.
Online Applications close Thursday 31st March, 2022.
The St. Vincent and the Grenadines Community College is pleased to once again be offering to the general public, the Mandarin Level one course.
- Application Period: 10th - 28th January 2022
- Course Fee: $100
- Course Days & Times: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Format: Blended (face-to-face and online)
- Duration: 8th February 2022 to 16th June 2022
Payment information would be forwarded after applications are processed on 31st January 2022.
The Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Community College (SVGCC) is seeking to recruit qualified, highly motivated individuals to fill various positions temporarily, within the institution.
TEMPORARY POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
- Lecturers Computer Science, Math , History, Biology, Physics, Fine Arts
- Lecturers or Instructors in Business Studies, Agriculture, Spanish, HVAC, Carpentry, Masonry, Culinary Arts, Electrical Engineering, Facilities Management, Mechanical Engineering, Welding, French, Computer Science, Math, Vehicle Maintenance
- Library Assistant, Computer Lab Technician, Science Lab Assistant
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- For positions of Instructor, applicants should have:
- At least an Associate’s degree in the field being applied for;
- At least four years’ relevant experience of working or lecturing in that field.
- For positions of Lecturer, applicants should have:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in the field being applied for;
- At least two years’ relevant experience of working or lecturing in that field.
- For non-faculty positions, applicants should have:
- Have at least five O’Levels including Math and English and
- An Associate degree in a related field
Job Application: Area of Interest. E.g - Job Application: Instructor - Construction technology or Job Application: Library Assistant
Applicants are advised to request that referees send letters of reference under CONFIDENTIAL cover directly to the HR Manager without waiting to be contacted by the College.
CLOSING DATE for receipt of applications is Sunday November 28th, 2021.