DNE Accepting Applications for the Registered Nursing Programme
The application period is open for persons seeking full-time admission into the Division of Nursing Education (DNE) to pursue the Registered Nursing associate degree programme. The programme is scheduled to begin in January 2023. Persons desirous of submitting an application must do so using the SVGCC's online application system https://admissions.svgcc.vc.
Interested applicants are strongly advised to carefully read:
- ALL instructions provided on the application site (https://admissions.svgcc.vc) before proceeding with the application - including the entry requirements
- ALL instructions provided during the completion of the application and after its submission
- Applicants are required to submit several pieces of documentation after submitting their online application. Kindly read ALL instructions provided regarding the submission of these documents.
This application period closes on Friday 26th August 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
SVGCC Adds More Short Courses To Evening Programme
The St. Vincent and the Grenadines Community College (SVGCC) has added new short courses to its current programme offerings, for the upcoming August/September period. The college is now accepting applications until August 2nd, 2022 for eleven (11) new short courses, including:
- Introduction to Motor Vehicle Air Conditioning Systems
- Basic Architectural Drafting
- Introduction to Welding & Metal Fabrication
- Food Preparation: International Cuisine
- Introduction to Bar Service & Beverage Management
- Introduction to Wholesaling, Retailing, Stock & Inventory
- Front Desk Service for the Hospitality Industry
- Events/Conference Planning & Management
- Introduction to Web Design
- Introduction to Cosmetology (Hair)
- Domestic Appliances Diagnostics & Repairs.
SVGCC Launches New Certificate Programmes
The St. Vincent and the Grenadines Community College (SVGCC), has announced the launch of two new certificate programmes.
The programmes, Occupational Health & Safety at Work and Logistics & Supply Chain Management, will be offered through the college’s Division of Arts, Sciences and General Studies (DASGS). Both will run for approximately seven (7) weeks.
The application form can be downloaded using the link below and must be submitted directly to the DASGS divisional office at the college’s Villa campus.
The deadline for applications is Friday 24th June, 2022.
Job Opportunities - Lecturers/Instructors
The St. Vincent and the Grenadines Community College (SVGCC) is seeking to recruit qualified and innovative educators to deliver instruction in various subject areas for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Recruited persons will be responsible for the delivery of teaching and learning in their field and to contribute towards the planning and effective running of the curriculum and the respective department.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver high standards of teaching and learning to students in accordance with requirements and standards provided by the department and the relevant course syllabus;
- Monitor and assess learners based on industry standards, and in accordance with course and examination requirements;
- Support the coordination, planning and delivery of pastoral and tutorial provision for students;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Lecturers should have:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in the field being applied for;
- At least two years’ relevant experience of working or lecturing in that field.
Instructors should have:
- At least an Associate’s degree in the field being applied for;
- At least four years’ relevant experience of working or lecturing in that field.
Please click the links below for a full listing of the available fields:
- Lecturers and Instructors - Division of Arts, Sciences and General Studies (DASGS)
- Clinical Instructors - Division of Nursing Education (DNE)
- Lecturers and Instructors - Division of Teacher Education (DTE)
- Lecturers and Instructors - Division of Technical and Vocational Education (DTVE)
Applicants are advised to request that referees send letters of reference under CONFIDENTIAL cover, directly to the HR Manager without waiting to be contacted by the College.
CLOSING DATE for receipt of applications is Sunday June 26th, 2022.
ECGC Foundation Awards $8,000 in Bursaries to SVGCC Students
Photo: Representatives from the SVGCC and ECGC Foundation with awardees.
Eight students from the St. Vincent and the Grenadines Community College (SVG) are the latest beneficiaries of bursaries awarded by the Eastern Caribbean Group of Companies (ECGC) Foundation Inc. The financial donation, totaling $8,000, will go towards assisting students with costs associated with their studies, including fees, transportation, books etc. Dixton Findlay, Director - ECGC Foundation, urged awardees to capitalise on opportunities presented to them as they work towards success and reminded them that not only their ability will determine their success in life, but also their attitudes. The students were also encouraged by Nigel Scott, Director - SVGCC, to keep the institution’s official motto in mind, which is “Nothing limits excellence”. This year’s awardees are Zoe Hayne, Turtara Saxon, Kyla Thomas pursuing AAS Business Studies: Sales & Marketing, Stanislaus Gomes and Devere James pursuing AAS Electrical Engineering Technology, and Kyle Alfonso, Zizzy Roberts and Keriann John pursuing AAS Agricultural Science & Entrepreneurship. This is the 6th year the ECGC Foundation has provided bursaries to students of the college’s Division of Technical & Vocational Education.