The St. Vincent and the Grenadines' Community College (SVGCC) has reopened the application period for the Division of Teacher Education (DTE) for entry into the 2020-2021 academic year. Persons who are interested in pursuing an Associate Degree in Education (ADE) and missed the original application period earlier this year are invited to submit an application using the SVGCC's online application system https://apply.svgcc.vc.
The Division is offering the following specialisations this application period:
- ADE Primary Education
- ADE Technical and Vocational Education (Home Economics and Industrial Arts)
Interested applicants are strongly advised to carefully read:
- ALL programme and specialisation entry requirements (https://svgcc.vc/general-policy) before proceeding with the application
- ALL instructions provided on the application site (https://apply.svgcc.vc) before proceeding with the application
- ALL instructions provided during the completion of the application and after its submission
This application period closes on Tuesday 28th July 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
Emotions flood us with intense feelings that can affect our spiritual being. This week's spiritual flow session focuses on how spiritual and emotional health is important and need to be strengthened daily, otherwise, we could lose track and get distracted from our course.
The SVGCC Counselling Department continues to host their career and leadership seminars. On Monday 20th July 2020 two seminars will be held at the Villa Campus.
Morning Seminar 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
Ms Kristy Anatol from Trinidad will be presenting via google meet about an exciting career in Art Therapy. Art Therapy is a creative therapeutic tool used by mental health practitioners called Art Therapists who help children and adults learn ways to express and manage emotions and heal from traumatic life experiences. See flyer below for more details.
Morning Seminar Flyer
Afternoon Seminar 1:30 - 3:00 p.m.
Dr Janelle Allen will be presenting on the topic Email Etiquette and Professional Writing Skills. More and more the demand for emails and written communication in the workplace is increasing learn the appropriate ways to write an email, write reports, memos etc like a professional. Understand the emotional and psychological impact written communication has on the reader and writer in the workplace. See flyer below for more details.
Afternoon Seminar Flyer
The Commonwealth of Learning (COL) has partnered with Coursera to offer the Workforce Recovery Initiative to unemployed citizens across the Commonwealth. Persons accepted into this programme will gain unlimited and free access to 3,800 courses designed to skill and reskill citizens of Commonwealth Member States. Interested persons can complete the form linked below and forward to Mrs Elizabeth Walker, Chief Education Officer, Ministry of Education, National Reconciliation and Information by 30th July 2020. For more information, see the brochure linked below.
The BScN application period has been extended to Wednesday July 15th 2020. All applicants are kindly asked to call or Whatsapp Sr Roxanne Stowe-Maloney at 528-5087 as soon as they have submitted their application in the UWI portal so they can be scheduled for an interview.
Interviews begin on July 13th 2020.
- Complete and submit your online application form at the UWI Mona website https://www.mona.uwi.edu/admissions/ and select Nursing BSc St Vin &Gren TLI (NUBS-BSC-V-T)
- Submit the following to the Division of Nursing Education (DNE) in Largo Height:
- Printed Online Confirmation Receipt
- Required documents (detailed below)
- Document processing fee of EC $25
Applicants are required to submit certified copies of their:
- Birth certificate
- Academic certificates
- Professional certificates and/or Diplomas
- Marriage certificate/Deed Poll (whichever is applicable) if present name is different from that on documents
- Two (2) passport size photos MUST BE certified
- A hand written letter stating why you are interested in applying for the Bachelors in Nursing programme. Please address this letter to
Mrs. Samantha Minors-Rouse
St. Vincent and the Grenadines community College
- Recent police record
- Transcripts from previous Educational Institutions
Click here for details regarding entry requirements.
For more information regarding the BScN Programme or application procedure please contact Sr. Roxanne Stowe-Maloney.